Re: Problems real and averted

From: Elizabeth L. Brown (ebro@loc.gov)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 10:29:44 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: "Elizabeth L. Brown" <ebro@LOC.GOV>
Subject: Re: Problems real and averted

Jane and y'all,

I've seen "Today in History" days for every date. Use the archive tools
<http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/today/archive.html> to get to them.

First you may search by keyword. (Try George Washington or Thomas
Jefferson for plenty of hits.) Don't bookmark days you find this way --
use "select a day" tool first, to create your bookmark.

The second choice is to select a particular DAY. Note that the pull-down
menu for the days has a scroll bar that must be scrolled for all the days.
You may bookmark days found with this tool.

The third choice is to see all of the listings for a particular month.
(Another pull-down menu.) Once you've selected a month, only about 20 days
show on each hit list screen, so you need to ask to see the next screen.
The link is at the bottom. The same goes for bookmarks as the "search."
Use the "select a day" to to find a "bookmark-able" URL.

If this doesn't help, please tell us which days you found not working and
I'll have the Today in History editor investigate.

Betty Brown
ebro@loc.gov

----