Re: AM Fellows, '97 and '98

From: Ron Stoloff (rstoloff@MAIL.PHILA.K12.PA.US)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 18:20:41 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Ron Stoloff <rstoloff@MAIL.PHILA.K12.PA.US>
Subject: Re: AM Fellows, '97 and '98

At 08:09 AM 9/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Karen:
> I could not open the file--evidently we do not have the program that
>can open it. Also, my e-mail and school have not changed, but my
>partner Laura McCall-Drury's has.
>Thanks!
>Lydia DiMartino
>Burgin Independent
>
>> ----------

Because of this - though *I* can open the file - I've WordPerfect - suggest
that *all* text files be sent in RTF format - Rich Text Format. This is as
close as a standard as can be, across platforms, that keeps the formating
roughly intact.

When you get a file like this, though, you have to open your word processor
*first* then open the file from the wordprocessor's File/Open command.

Since we have all levels/types/brands/etc. this is as close as we can get to
communicate.

Ron Stoloff, Philly

If the gods had intended Man to fly, they wouldn't have given us railroads.